Tuesday 6 May 2014

Hola mi amigos

Here is some more character-type design for the ASPBD course.  This times my design is inspired by Mexican 'alebrije' (painted wooden folklorish animals).  I first saw them on holiday in Texas when I went to visit my American family a few years ago and was really taken with the bright little creatures. 

I tried a more sketchy style for this pattern.   Love the joy and energy that come from all things mexican -inspired and hope to create a whole collection, but I'm not sure whether this more sketchy style is too full on, compared to my other designs below?  What are your thoughts?  Which style do you prefer?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this pattern! The colors are fabulous and eye catching and bright. Would definitely buy if I saw it somewhere!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin