Thursday 15 October 2009

Swarm




I adore this furniture made using old tapestries and paintings.  The furniture is made using reclaimed items found in old antique stores and dutch markets.   Swarm, aka Leslie Oschmann, used to be the Visual Director for Anthropologie and you can see the great and unique design which is often seen in Anthropologie's amaaazing goods.  I found Swarm's work on a blog, and I'm sorry but I can't remember whose, where it was included in a short film which was part of a series of films by the current visual director(??) for Anthropologie who spends 6 months of the year travelling round the world in search of great finds for Anthropologie - they are interesting videos to watch, except I can't find the link for it anymore, which is fairly useless.  If anyone knows what I'm talking about(!!) and has a link, please do leave a comment and I can add it to the post.

Update: I found the link to the short films from Effortless Anthropologie, a great blog dedicated to all things flowy and Anthropologie, the series of films is called Man Shops Globe - I want this dude's job - it is, quite possibly, one of the best jobs in the world!!!!!  But as my parents say, 'I want never gets'!....Oh well...........

1 comment:

Natalie Ryan said...

A fabulous job, but in the mean time I love your posts! Always inspirational.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin